Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Aniless weekend, discipline, whole milk, Kanyes

Friday is the day to nerd out on Geography, Saturday for badass spoken word via Kelly Tsai and Poem-cees, Sunday a cookout and an Ani show that I will miss and have no qualms about missing.

In the meantime, what takes up all day Thursday? Grad school, book, getting shit done and in order. What happens every afternoon and evening the following week? Same. What will I be doing in all the spare hours in between? Guess.

Twin sis and I both have a penchant for waiting til the last minute; we like the clarity and focus that comes with extreme pressure. I am attempting something like a discipline this time around. All of you: hold me to it. I don't know how exactly. Maybe a reminder every other day, until I get annoyed with you.

I've been listening to P.O.S.'s (of Doomtree) Audition for over a week now. Brilliance enough to beat Manchester U football team with, but I keep running this particular lyric through my head:

So here I am in the Middle West
The Heartland, muthafucka
Sippin' whole milk, muthafucka

That's a great take on Minnesota hip hop. And I don't even drink milk anymore. And whole milk is vaguely disgusting.

Lastly, I don't follow much of anything in teeveeland and really don't understand what's special about the VMA, but I couldn't resist this:



Tip to Paper Tiger, who I don't even know.

No comments:

Post a Comment