Sunday, July 12, 2009

a quick note about writing

You know how you want to write in something, say a blog, every day, but you know you haven't gotten into the habit of it yet and so every time you sit down at a computer to write something, your mind draws a blank (unless you urgently need to get something down) and you get kind of shamefaced about this commitment you said you were gonna make but obviously haven't, and so you find all manner of means for procrastination (playing computer games, checking email endlessly for nothing in particular, browsing Wikipedia), and then you get up and figure what you need is some water, or coffee, or a bathroom break, or just read something first, and then after a few hours you steal out of the room and leave your intention of writing alone and dead in the water, to be revived (in vain, once again) for another day?

Well, if you don't know about this, consider yourself right-on. As for me, I just need to get on. I gotta live on. You know what I'm sayin'. This shit gets very infectious and I don't know how to throw it off me. Sis might have some answers but she isn't speaking about them yet--actually she just got back from Venezuela for a wedding so I'm giving her a pass for now. But seriously. Gotta get on.

And you better believe that I have a very good reason to get on, very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment